Join GBTA Task Force to Update Sustainability Benchmarking Tool
The GBTA Foundation is establishing a Task Force of seasoned industry professionals to review, update and revise the existing Sustainability Benchmarking Tool. This endeavor, sponsored by BCD, is projected to take roughly 9 to 12 months.
The existing tool is more than 6 years old. Much has happened in the business travel industry during this time, so the goal of this Task Force is to modernize the assessment tool. The end result will be an up-to-date tool that is comprehensive and global in nature. The purpose of the updated assessment remains the same as that of the existing tool – it will measure the maturity level of a company with respect to their sustainability efforts, processes, procedures and abilities.
What is Required to Join and Participate on the Task Force?
Members of the Task Force should meet the following criteria:
- Have five or more years of experience in sustainability in the travel realm either on the supply-side, corporate travel management side or both.
- Be able to commit an average of 5 to 10 hours per month of their time.
Members of the Task Force will be required to do the following:
- Attend regularly scheduled Task Force calls.
- Attend two, in-person Task Force meetings (dates TBD) covering your own expenses.
- Sign the GBTA Volunteer Leadership form.